Monday, February 25, 2013

Things have been very busy around here lately! Between midterms and paper deadlines everyone seems to be cramming in all their semesters work into these next two weeks! I have my first midterm on Wednesday in industrial economics and I know it will be challenging so have good thoughts for me (: It's funny because my professor sent us and email explaining that an A+ is anything between a 76 and a 100...I have never heard of such a thing, but I am not complaining haha I am also putting the final touches on my spring break plans! I am sooooooo excited to travel Europe with my best friends the first week and once of my friends from Syracuse is even meeting us in Rome! It will be a lot of traveling for one week, but even though I am going to be exhausted I will still be in shock/excitement when I see my parents and sister for the first time the following week! I am so lucky to have my family visit me (:


This past weekend was somewhat chill and on Saturday my friends and I snuck into a day trip to visit Trim Castle and Newgrange. Technically the trip was for students who were studying abroad for an entire year and not one semester, but nobody caught on and I am pretty good at playing dumb so that was my backup plan if we got in trouble haha Trim castle was interesting because that is actually where they filmed parts of Braveheart. They even showed us the window that the son's girlfriend was thrown out of. After that we went to Newgrange and I absolutely loved it. I am not much of a history person, but Newgrange fascinated me. Newgrange is over 5,200 years old and the roof has yet to leak which is hard to believe. It is hard to explain the architecture, but it was very cool to be standing inside such a historical place. 



Top of Trim Castle!
The window from Braveheart

Our awesome tour guide at Newgrange!

Just some random rock?

So many sheep!! My sister would have been in heaven!

Best hot chocolate! (besides the one at the patriot's games)

Rugby games have been huge here these past weekends and I actually find the professional games to be very entertaining. Yesterday my friends and I went into the city to a bar called "Woodshed Baa and Grill" (http://www.woolshedbaa.com/dublin/) to watch Ireland lose to Scotland....it was still a great game though and the bar was so much fun! I tried Fosters (australian beer) for the first time and it was actually pretty good! Just going into the city on a Sunday to drink beer, eat pulled pork sandwiches w/ chips, and watch rugby is an amazing way to spend the day haha I have visitors coming this Thursday from Seville, Spain. My best friend from home is studying abroad in Seville so her and her roommate in Spain are traveling to Dublin to spend the weekend here with me! Hopefully I have mastered my tour guide role by now haha All is well here and kinda hectic for the next two weeks, but that is expected! Missing everyone back home xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment