Monday, February 18, 2013

Soooo apparently Justin Bieber was denied from the club I always go to last night here in Dublin hahaha Sorry but I just found that out and it made my night! Justin was here for two concerts over the weekend and apparently he did not bring his ID to the club and the Irish bouncer made fun of him and did not let him in...rookie mistake Justin and the Irishmen have no mercy! Anyways, I had the most amazing weekend with my best friends from Syracuse here visiting for my birthday weekend. On Thursday for my birthday a bunch of my UCD friends and I went to this club called the Palace where not only was it free for everyone to enter since it was my birthday, but we were also allowed in the VIP suite where we even got a free bottle of champagne! I was kinda bummed being away from home for my 21st birthday, but my friends here all came out and celebrated with me. We had an amazing night and I would not have changed anything (:


Since my best friends were visiting from London I tried to plan fun things for them to do and keep them entertained. On Friday afternoon I took them into the city to show them around and shop of course! We found this amazing burrito place too for lunch! Later that night one of my Irish roommates came with us to Captain Americas (great burger restaurant) and then we went to O'neills pub near Grafton Street where we listened to live music. Just when I was finally starting to feel like I wasn't a tourist I was sitting in the pub requesting Galway Girl...oops! I also made my friends try Guinness which I think they liked, but they knew better than to say they didn't like it in an Irish pub haha



 On Saturday we took the dart (train) for a 30 min ride to Howth which is a small town (maybe city?) along the coast of Dublin and it was only five euros roundtrip! It is absolutely beautiful and yet again I found myself climbing cliffs and running through mud. I was never really a nature girl as a kid and I am pretty sure I played with my dolls outdoors so this whole being dirty and climbing through bugs on mountain trails is new to me...Good thing I had a brother and played sports growing up because I am finally adjusting to this whole being one with nature thing! 








It was actually pretty hard saying bye to my friends on Sunday morning because I didn't realize how nice it was to be with familiar faces until they got on the bus for the airport. I will see them in less than 3 weeks though when we meet in Paris (: Then the week after I get to see my family (: (: Unfortunately midterms are coming up next week so I will be locking myself in the library this weekend....meep I guess it is about time I did some work... hope all is well back home!! xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment