Monday, February 11, 2013

As much as I loved Galway...I will always be a Dublin girl at heart! Last Friday I left for Galway with about 200 other UCD study abroad students to see this beautiful city for the weekend. Full time Irish students organized the entire weekend and came along with us to show us a great time! I was so exhausted when I got home last night, but it was a weekend I will never forget. On Friday we went to the Cliffs or Moher which might have been the most beautiful and breathtaking place I have ever been! It is funny because when you are standing at the top it doesnt feel like you are that high, but once I looked at the pictures I realized that I probably should not have been standing so close to the edge haha I didnt sneeze or trip though (:




I probably should have backed up a few steps....oops

The following day we went to the Aran Islands which was about a 45 min ferry boat ride. The Aran Islands are beautiful and I finally got to see many many animals!!! A sheep actually stopped our bus in the road and it finally felt like I was in the countryside. The Aran Islands actually only have 800 residents who live there and they have 1 middle school and 1 high school....sounds like a everyone must know eachother, but there cant be much gossip because there really is not much there besides the animals and nature haha I had a great day riding a bike around the island and I also had a good irish coffee! 


Cant remember the last time I rode a bike...
 I thought we were going to take a nice picture until he bit me


 Cows of the Sea!
Such a peaceful place!

On our last day in Galway we went on a drive around the beautiful countryside. It was very early, but I have never seen such open space! It felt like we were in a place like Colorado and the pictures cant even explain how beautiful everything was. Unfortunately the roads were so curvy that some people got sick on the bus...






Before we left we finally got to spend time exploring the city! Lots of my friends went to the Claddagh store where they bought rings (I am waiting to "buy" mine when my parents visit....cough cough) The city itself is small compared to Dublin, but there are lots of shops and pubs! It was Sunday and it was amazing how many people were at church! The churches were absolutely stunning! The nightlife is also very fun (:







No comments:

Post a Comment