Thursday, January 17, 2013


I have finally arrived in Dublin!! Honestly this beautiful city reminds me a lot of Boston! My flight to Dublin ended up being only 5 hours and 10 minutes due to the wind so technically it took me less time to get to Dublin than it does for me to get to Syracuse. I immediately witnessed the change in culture in the airport when I asked the airport lady where I could get a carriage for my bags because everyone else seemed to have one. She then looked at me confused and asked if I needed it for my baby. I must have looked even more confused than her and after describing what I was talking about she informed me that it is a trolley haha rookie mistake...but still funny! My apartment is clean and nice so I cannot complain. I have only met one roommate thus far and she is actually from Holland and very friendly! Last night was my first night in Dublin and while most people sleep and try to overcome jet lag....I instead went on the “Orientation” pub crawl. Only in Dublin is this part of orientation haha but it was a lot of fun and I had my first Guinness which I actually enjoyed! We went to 4 pubs total (O’Neill’s, the port house, the garbage bar, and I can’t remember the other ones name).  My favorite was definitely O’Neill’s because they had great live Irish music! What American doesn’t love singing/yelling the dropkick murphys with people they just met?!  And of course I was selected to Irish step dance in front of all the other international students in the pub with a red haired man who does it professionally and believe it or not.... I WAS AWFUL! I had no clue what to do, but it was definitely an experience haha I will put up some pictures from the bars, but unfortunately I only had my phone camera. Better pictures to come soon. Well that’s it for now (:

1 comment:

  1. And of course I was selected to Irish step dance in front of all the other international students in the pub with a red haired man who does it professionally and believe it or not.... I WAS AWFUL!

    i think this is my favorite part of your post. thats hilarious.... im excited to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete